Why do people make Art?
People around the world make art to:
• seek personal enjoyment and satisfaction.
• express personal thoughts and feelings
• communicate with others.
• create a more favorable environment.
• make others see more clearly.
• provide us with new visual experiences.
• record a time, place, person, or object.
• commemorate important people or events.
• reinforce cultural ties and traditions.
• seek to affect social change.
• tell stories.
• heal the sick.
• adorn themselves.
• explain the unknown.
• create an illusion or magic.
• predict the future or remember the past.
• earn a livelihood.
• do something no one else can (or has yet done).
• amuse themselves (or make us laugh).
• make the ordinary extraordinary.
• increase our global understanding.
Please visit A.N. Myer's Art Gallery, below, to see student work!